Peanut Butter Blossoms
I consider myself a pretty happy person. I like to have fun, I love to laugh. I’m the one in the grocery store smiling at random strangers just because. I even like Monday’s, I consider them my day to get things done which in itself makes me happy. But yesterday was one of those Mondays. It was cold and rainy out, I woke up with my finger throbbing and a list a mile long of things to do, a lot of which has been difficult to do. I was frustrated and annoyed and that made me even more frustrated. I finally realized at about 3 o’clock that I needed Dove Chocolate.
Whoever thought of putting cute messages inside chocolate wrappers was a marketing genius. Whoever first combined chocolate and peanut butter was also a genius. I’d like to take this opportunity to personally thank both of them by putting Dove chocolate on my peanut butter cookies. I don’t know if it was the wrapper or the cookie, but it put a smile on my face 🙂
Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, dip in sugar and place on cookie sheet
Remove cookies from the oven and immediately place chocolate in the middle
Dove Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms
Adapted from The All-Butter, Sugar-Packed, No Holds Barred Baking Book
Yields approximately 40 cookies
1 3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar, divided
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, at room temperature
40 individually wrapped Dove chocolate squares, milk or dark
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter, brown sugar, 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stop once or twice to scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the egg and blend just until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients and blend on low speed until incorporated, scrape down the bowl and increase the speed to medium. Beat until fully combined.
6. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Dip one side of each ball in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and place them 2 inches apart and sugar side up on the prepared cookie sheets.
7. Bake until the cookies are light gold, puffed and cracked, about 8-10 minutes. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the chocolates. Remove the sheets from the oven and immediately top each cookie with a chocolate, pressing it firmly to imbed it into the cookie. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.